The new 2008 Fanfare magazine.It's a very large file, so it will take some time to download.
Please would the following members email us:
Minutes of the AGM 2010
Minutes of the Fourth Annual General Meeting of The Mount House Association held at The Elephant’s Nest on Friday 2nd July 2010.
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting which was held for the first time in the open air. Apologies were received from Jonathan Banyard, Ellie Malcolm, Ella and Nicky Toynton.
1. The Minutes of the AGM of the 4th July 2009 were read. Jon Elworthy proposed and Graham Bush seconded that they be signed as a true record.
2. Committee Members: The Chairman proposed the re-election en bloc of the Committee, namely: Jon Elworthy (Secretary), Chris Redman (Treasurer), Jim Massey (ex officio), Jonathan Banyard, Graham Bush, Suse Hammond, Ellie Malcolm, Melanie Redman, Ella Toynton and Nicky Toynton. Tim Goodwin and William Churcher who were valued for their input were welcomed to the committee. It was noted that Gavin Grier-Rees is no longer a member of the committee.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Chris Redman presented the Annual Accounts which had been independently examined and confirmed as correct by Bill Lane of Churchtown Accounts, Peter Tavy. The Chairman thanked Chris Redman for keeping the accounts. It was noted that Chris Redman will be away for the next seven months. It was recommended that Graham Bush should act as Treasurer during Chris Redman’s absence. This was proposed by John Elworthy and seconded by Chris Redman. Chris Redman will organise the paperwork for Graham Bush’s signature as a third signatory for the Mount House Association cheque book with on-line facilities.
4. Independent Examiner: The Treasurer proposed the re-appointment of Bill Lane as Independent Examiner, seconded by the Tim Goodwin – all agreed. It was noted that Bill Lane will raise his bill by £60.
5. Chairman’s Report: Patrick Cashell said that the Association is now in its 4th year and continues to build funds and this is due to the regular 20-30 new members who join at the end of their Mount House days. It is good to hear that more senior past pupils are joining or rejoining through personal contact and through the website. It seems that Facebook and other social networking sites may be undermining the traditional role of bringing past pupils together and without knowing what past pupils want for their membership fee we can only hope that they appreciate that the Association is providing The School with gifts which are of practical use or an enhancement to the buildings or grounds.
This year we have given benches, a marquee, an armillary sphere sundial to The School and a tie or scarf and a lapel pin to leavers. Past pupils are buying the Wortham digitised films and are updating their website entry. Another bench in memory of Philip Moore will appear soon and we hope that the marquee will be used for functions throughout the year. The Armillary sphere has been created to recognise the vital part played by all members of staff over the years to nurture and develop The School.
The Committee has met to discuss the way forward and very much hopes that new blood can be found to maintain and stimulate the Association. Jon Elworthy has continued to work tirelessly to drum up support, organise the purchase of gifts and gather together cricket sides. He is a very busy man in his own business and at the end of the next school year wishes to step down. Chris Redman has handled all the finances with calm efficiency but is about to set off to foreign fields for a year – happily Graham Bush has agreed to cover for him. Mel Redman has continued to run the website, updating it regularly and dealing with members’ details as and when she is contacted. To these three I wish to extend the grateful thanks of us all for their work during their year.
6. Election of Chairman for the year 2010-2011: Patrick Cashell,, was elected Chairman for a fourth year, proposed by Jon Elworthy and seconded by Will Churcher.
7. Other Business:
- The Association will focus on the Dartmoor walk. The Association will be involved in one of the stopping points of the walk which will be held on Saturday 18th September.
- Chris Redman will make contact with Messrs May-Somerville and Bartleet to ask if they would join the MHA.
- A meeting will be agreed after the walk to discuss the way ahead including merchandise and membership.